January 28, 2012

Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art School Session - January 2012

This afternoon, I've been to the Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art School Session in the Comedy Theater in Amsterdam - and what an awesome show it was! Such a delicious atmosphere, and the burlesque/theater feel really gives modeling some life!
There even was a contest, in which we had to redesign a model her hair - inspired by her pose at that time. I drew her scared-looking head adorned with snakes as a scared Medusa - and beyond all expectations - I won as a runner-up! I went home with a beautiful artbook, and again - I would like to thank them for this most wonderful evening - I will DEFINATELY go to a next session!

So, without further ado and with great pleasure, here are my sketches: (sorry for the quality - still don't have a scanner...)






Here's the prize-winning Medusa, with her snake-surprise-haircut... And below this is a wonderful pose from a (female!) model who was able to pose like Spiderman... What stamina! Too bad I couldn't get her head right...







As a special mention, these last two drawings were of the most wonderful couple, I truly laughed myself silly on the act, especially the guy's cheeky expression made me snicker - too bad it isn't that visible on my sketches...

No comments:

Post a Comment